When linking your Cluster account with an existing Twitter account, Cluster will ask for the follwing permissions:
- Check tweets, lists, collections
- Check profile information and account settings
- Check followed, muted and blocked users
- Following and unfollowing accounts
- Change profile and account settings
- Replying, deleting, like, retweeting features
- Creating, managing, deleting lists and collections
- Muting, blocking, reporting of other accounts
This is due to the set up of Twitter’s permissions; there are only 3 categories of permissions “only reading tweets”, “reading and writing tweets”, “reading and writing tweets and DMs”. Cluster client asked for permissions to “read and write tweets” so that you can tweet from Cluster with images attached.
In other words, the permission granted includes more than simply “reading and writing tweets”, but this cannot be separated. For more information, please contact Twitter.